- Paula and Michael organised the ITN conference in Cambridge
- Florian was at the LifeTime Opening event in Berlin, May 5-6
- Mireia receives a #OnetoWatch Top 21 award by Cofinitive
- In the Medical Technology Venture Competition 2019 of the Judge Business School, Marcel's team won a second price and Geoff's team a third price.
- Tristan gave a talk on 3D histology at the UCL Cancer Institute, 20 Feb
- Michael presented his work at the "Single-cell cancer evolution in the clinic" Accelerator Award Kickoff meeting, January 23rd 2019, ICR London
- Andy talks at Centre for Computational Biology, University of Birmingham, 16th January 2019, Birmingham, UK
- Andy talks at MRC Toxicology Unit, 10th January 2019, Leicester, UK
- Andy talk at University of Bologna, Italy
- Andy delivers a keynote at the Biosciences Symposium, 2018, Essex, UK
- Andy talk at Applied Bioinformatics In Life Sciences, 2018, Leuven, Belgium
- Florian speaks at Royal Society of Radiologists Research Day
- Florian speaks at MRC Biostatistics Unit Armitage Workshop
- Mireia and Marcel are giving talks at TOPIM-TECH 2018 on Crete, 09-14 July 2018
- Mireia received a Borysiewicz Biomedical Sciences Fellowship. Congratulations!
- Florian talks at Jak/Stat symposium in Seggau, AT, May 6-9
- Florian talks a AWERB Symposium at CI, April 26
- Florian talks a Max Delbrueck Center Berlin, April 25
- Florian talks at Oxford Reproducibility summer school, April 08
- Florian talks a CROssBAR workshop at EBI, March 21
- Mireia talks at University of Geneva on "Big Data and Big Science: from the LHC to personalized cancer treatment", Oct 25, 2017
- Geoff presents copy number signatures at the EACR summer school in translational cancer research 2017, Oct 16-19, Albufeira, Portugal
- Mireia receives travel award to attend 2017 Annual Meeting of the American Society for Radiation Oncology (ASTRO), San Diego, Sept 24-27, 2017
- Florian and Peter van Loo organize Systems Genetics of Cancer 2017 at the Francis Crick Institute in London, Sept 18-20, 2017
- Leon is teaching Analysing next generation sequencing data using R at the American University of Beirut, July 2017.
- Co-organising Big Data Analytics Conference 2017, in London, 2017 June 13
- Florian visiting King Abdullah University of Science and Technology in Thuwal, Saudi Arabia, May 6-9
- Florian speaking at Stems Cells @ lunch at Kings College London, May 2nd, 2017
- Florian speaking at Computational Biology for Big Data, March 23-24, 2017 Shanghai, China
- Invited talk at The Gold Standard of Reproducible Research - How to make it work at University of Nottingham, March 09.
- Florian speaking at Digital Pathology in London, Dec 1-2, 2016.
- Federico teaching "Functional Genomics Analysis with Bioconductor" at the Weizmann Institute in Israel, Nov 21-25.
- Florian talked about 'Systematic functional annotation of networks' at the OpenTargets Workshop, Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, Nov 9
- Florian received a CRUK Future Leader in Cancer Research Prize at NCRI in Liverpool, Nov 7
- Florian giving a keynote at Publishing Better Science through Better Data (#scidata16), Oct 26, 2016 in London.
- Florian and Peter van Loo organize Systems Genetics of Cancer 2016 at Lucy-Cavendish College Cambridge, Sept 12-14, 2016
- Geoff teaches at CRUK Summer School 2016: Analysis of Cancer Genomes, July 25-29, 2016 in Cambridge
- Florian speaking at the opening workshop of the Newton Institute Programme on Graph Limits and Statistics in Cambridge, UK, July 12, 2016
- Edith coorganised the 10th International PhD student Cancer Conference in Cambridge, June 22-24.
- Ke and Florian, together with Olivier Elemento and Edoardo Airoldi, are organising a workshop at UAI 2016 on Machine Learning for Health, June 29, in Jersey City, right next door to New York City.
- Florian serves as Area Chair for Applied Bioinformatics at ISMB 2016
- Andy presents his work at ASMS 2016 in San Antonio, June 5-9 2016.
- Florian and James Brenton answer all questions on reddit, May 18, 2016.
- Turid is presenting her PhD work at ESTRO 35 in Turin, IT, on April 29.
- Florian invited speaker at the AACR Annual Meeting 2016 in New Orleans, April 16-20.
- Edith presents her work at the 6th Conference on Systems Biology of Mammalian Cells in Munich, Germany, April 6-8, 2016.
- Florian coorganises the Cancer Research UK Cambridge Institute 8th Annual International Symposium on ‘Unanswered Questions: Tumours at Cellular Resolution’ on 4-5 March 2016.
- Florian is on sabbatical in February and March 2016 to take part in the program Algorithmic Challenges in Genomics at the Simons Institute for the Theory of Computing at UC Berkeley.
- Alan Turing Institute scoping workshop in Edinburgh, Nov 25-27, 2015
- Florian visits University of Edinburgh, Nov 24, 2015
- Edith speaks at C1omics 2015: Single-cell omics methods and applications, Manchester, UK, Nov 24-25
- Florian visits University of Kent, Oct 27, 2015
- Florian and Peter van Loo organize Systems Genetics of Cancer 2015 at Lucy-Cavendish College Cambridge, Sept 21-23, 2015
- Ines teaches 'Best practices in the analysis of RNA-seq and ChIP-Seq data' in the CRUK summer school, Cambridge, UK, July 27-31
- Edith speaks at Recognizing the Relevance of Change: Analysis and Control of Time-evolving Networks in Epidemiology and Evolutionary Medicine, Berlin, DE, July 20-22
- Florian presents keynote at Network Biology SIG at ISMB/ECCB 2015 in Dublin
- Edith presents her work in the Late Breaking Research session at ISMB/ECCB 2015 in Dublin
- Florian teaches a Postdoc Masterclass on Reproducible Research at the Gurdon Institute, Cambridge, July 8.
- Andy received a Rising star in research engagement prize at the CRUK meeting in Leeds, June 30, 2015
- Ines is presenting our work on allele-specific ChiP-seq analysis at 'Big Data in Medicine: Exemplars and Opportunities in Data Science', Cambridge, UK, June 19, 2015
- Florian visits Stanford Center for Cancer Systems Biology, June 15
- Leon is going to CVPR 2015 in Boston, June 7-12.
- Amanda is going to the 9th International PhD Student Cancer Conference, 3-5 June, Manchester, UK
- Florian visits Stuttgart Research Center Systems Biology at the University of Stuttgart, June 3rd.
- Ke presents our work on time varying Nested Effects Models at the ETH Zurich Ascona Workshop, May 31 to June 5, 2015
- Ines chairs a session at The Tenth Annual Cambridge Computational Biology Institute Symposium, May 21, 2015
- Florian visits University of Tampere, May 13, 2015
- Ines is presenting our work at Biology of Genomes at CSHL, May 5-9, 2015.
- Ke talks about inferring tumor evolution at Modelling Biological Evolution, April 28 - May 1, 2015
- Florian talks at The Francis Crick Institute (aka the former LRI), Apr 28, 2015
- Anne presents our work at the AACR Annual Meeting in Philadelphia, US, Apr 18-22, 2015
- Ines is talking at the MRC Clinical Sciences Centre, Imperial College London, in the 'Meet the Geek' seminar series, Apr 17.
- Florian talks at Big Data in Cancer workshop, Warwick, Mar 18, 2015
- Anne presents our work at the 27th Lorne Cancer Conference, Feb 12-14.
- Florian participates in workshop on Precursors to breast cancer and tumor evolution at McGill's Barbados research station, Jan 23-30, 2015
- Invited talk at Cambridge Big Data launch event, Oct 31, 2014
- Geoff introduced basic concepts of tumour heterogeneity (and Australian rules football) in his talk "Today's match: cancer vs treatment. How football can help us understand cancer evolution and heterogeneity," at the CI Retreat, Oct 23, 2014
- Ke talks about inferring tumor evolution at the CI retreat 24th October, 2014
- Ines speaks at Cambridge Area Sequencing Informatics Meeting VI, 29 Sept 2014.
- Invited talk at Cancer Pharmacogenomics and Targeted Therapies, Sanger Institute, 17-19th of September 2014
- Ines and Anne went to the EurocanPlatform Translational Cancer Research Summer Course, Portugal, Oct 20-24, 2014.
- Geoff co-organized the Junior Principal Investigators Meeting at ISMB 2014 in Boston.
- Florian gives invited talk at Eleventh International Meeting on Computational Intelligence Methods for Bioinformatics and Biostatistics (CIBB 2014), June 26-28, in Cambridge.
- Meeting `Tissue Phenomics', Definiens, Munich, June 4th
- Andy presented 'Bringing Proteogenomics to the study of ER+ breast cancer', Fellows Day, MRC Cancer Unit, 13 March 2014.
- Ke talks about Combining data-driven model with domain knowledge: Machine learning approaches for systems biology. 27th February 2014, Statistics Seminar, Center for Statistical Science, Peking University, Beijing.
- Florian gives a talk at the Nijmegen Centre for Molecular Life Sciences, Dec 11, 2013.
- Wei and Florian participate in 3rd Annual EpiGeneSys Meeting at the Babraham Institute, Dev 4-6, 2013.
- Florian speaks at the 3rd European Workshop on Tissue Imaging and Analysis, Heidelberg, Nov 29-30, 2013.
- Florian speaks at the 9th NCRI Cancer Conference in Liverpool, UK, Nov 2013
- Florian is invited speaker at the AACR-NCI-EORTC Molecular Targets and Cancer Therapeutics Conference, Oct 19-23, 2013, in Boston.
- Florian speaks at Computational Models in Biology and Medicine in Dresden, October 14-15, 2013.
- Roland, Ke and Florian will be at the Bertinoro 2013 workshop on Computational Cancer Genomics, Sept 8-13, 2013
- Ke speaks at MLSB 13, the Seventh International Workshop on Machine Learning in Systems Biology, at ISMB 2013
- Roland presents our work on phylogenetic quantification of intra-tumour heterogeneity in the LBR track at ISMB 2013
- Florian will be at ISMB/ECCB 2013 in Berlin
- Ke speaks at Dynamics of biological networks: from node dynamics to network evolution in Edinburgh, June 2013.
- Florian presents global portraits of breast cancer at the EACR Summer Conference on Cancer Genomics, 25-28 June, 2013
- Roland presents our work on tumor evolution at Mathematical and Computational Evolutionary Biology, May 27-31, 2013
- Florian participates in the Sage Bionetworks Commons Congress in San Francisco, April 19-20, 2013
- Yinyin presents our work on tumour image analysis as a Highlight talk at RECOMB 2013 in Beijing.
- Florian lectures in the NBIC/SIB International Winterschool 2013 in Kandersteg, Switzerland, March 10-15, 2013
- Florian teaches in the EMBO Practical Course in High-Throughput RNAi and Data Analysis in Heidelberg, March 3-8, 2013.
- Florian speaks at Workshop on Genomic Data Integration, March 1, 2013, Imperial College London.
- Florian speaks at Statistical Methods for (post)-Genomics Data (SMPGD 2013) in Amsterdam, Jan 24-25, 2013
- Wei and Florian attend the EpiGeneSys Annual Meeting 2013 at the NKI in Amsterdam, Jan 16-18, 2013
- Florian speaks at Warwick University Systems Biology Centre, 4th Dec, 2012.
- Florian speaks in the workshop 'Cancer bioinformatics: methods and applications' in Paris, France, October 4-5, 2012.
- Florian speaks at the Insitute for Cancer Research (ICR), London, Sept 26th, 2012
- Florian speaks at 'Quantitative Biology and Bioinformatics in Modern Medicine' at Queen's University Belfast, 20-21 Sept 2012.
- Florian speaks at SysPatho workshop 'Systems biology and medicine', 11 -14 September 2012 in St.Petersburg (Zarskoe Selo).
- We continue the meeting series 'From Phenotypes To Pathways' at Lucy-Cavendish college Cambridge in September 2012. This is already the third workshop in the series.
- Florian speaks at Stanford University, July 2012
- Florian speaks at University of Southern California, July 2012
- Florian will participate in ISMB 2012 in Long Beach, co-chairs the LBR track and will speak in the workshop 'P2P - From Postdoc to Principal Investigator'.
- Florian speaks in Jena on June 20th
- Florian speaks in the CISBIO seminar series at Imperial College London, June 18th.
- Florian speaks at the 58. German Biometrical Colloquium, March 13-15, Berlin.
- Florian speaks at Lorentz Center workshop Bioinformatics and Systems Biology - Bridging the Divide, 14-17 Feb 2012 in Leiden.
- Florian speaks at Cambridge University Biological Society, Feb 2nd
- Florian speaks at Science for Life laboratory at the Karolinska Institute in Stockholm, on January 24th.
- Florian speaks at Institut Pasteur, Paris, on January 19th
- Yinyin was invited to Tsinghua University, Beijing, China, Dec 2011
- Florian speaks in Cambridge Networks Network series at King's College, Dec 2011
- Yinyin presents at CSHL-Asia Bioinformatics, Suzhou, China, Nov 2011
- Florian is part of the scientific organising committee of the CRI Symposium 2011, 3-5 November. He organizes a session on "regulatory networks" chaired by Daphne Koller (Stanford) with talks by Shirley Liu (Harvard), Dana Pe'er (Columbia), Joe Gray (OHSU), Jan Korbel (EMBL).
- Yinyin speaks at the Warwick Systems Biology Centre, Oct 25.
- Florian speaks at the UCL Cancer Institute, Oct 12th.
- Roland participates in the Otto Warburg International Summer School and Research Symposium 2011 on Evolutionary Genomics in September in Berlin.
- Yinyin presents our work on tumor image analysis at the EMBO|EMBL Symposium: Cancer Genomics in September in Heidelberg.
- We continue the meeting series 'From Phenotypes To Pathways' (that we started as an ESF exploratory workshop in 2010) at Lucy-Cavendish college Cambridge in September 2011. We are partly funded by the ESF program 'Frontiers of Functional Genomics'.
- Florian speaks at Third RECOMB Satellite Conference on Bioinformatics Education in Vienna, July 2011
- Yinyin presents her research at ISMB 2011 in July 2011 in Vienna. She speaks about quantitative analysis of tumour composition in the LBR track and about deregulation analysis of copy-number and expression in an oral poster presentation.
- Florian gives a keynote presentation at Computability in Europe 2011 in Sofia, Bulgaria, June 30th.
- Florian speaks at the RNAi screening meeting at LRI, 2011 June 22.
- Xin presents his work at the 5th International PhD Student Cancer Conference at the Beatson Institute in Glasgow, June 15-17, 2011
- Florian speaks in the series 'Computational Methods in Systems Biology' at the University of Bonn, Germany, May 12, 2011.
- We co-organize the CRUK Computational Biology Day 2011 at CRI, April 18 2011.
- Yinyin talks at CFM Canceromatics II: Multilevel Interpretation of Cancer Genome in Madrid, 2011 March 28th-30th
- Florian gives a keynote talk at the RECOMB 2011 satellite workshop on Computational Cancer Biology in Vancouver, March 26-27.
- Florian gives an invited talk at the Paterson Institute for Cancer Research in Manchester, March 22, 2011.
- Florian talks at NKI Cancer Systems Biology Symposium, Feb 4, 2011
- Yinyin wins the best paper award for her work on trans-acting copy-number alterations at the IEEE International Conference on Bioinformatics and Biomedicine (IEEE BIBM 2010) in Hong Kong in December 2010.
- Yinyin, Mauro and Florian teach a two-day course on Analysis of Globally Coherent Data for GlaxoSmithKline, Stevenage, Oct 28-29 2010.
- Florian speaks at the workshop on 'Learning from perturbations effects' at ECCB 2010 in Ghent, Belgium.
- Florian gives an invited talk at the 25th International Symposium on Computer and Information Sciences at the Royal Society in London, Sept 22-24, 2010
- Florian and Michael Boutros (DKFZ Heidelberg) are supported by ESF to organize an exploratory workshop 'From Phenotypes To Pathways: Design And Analysis Of Single And Combinatorial Gene Perturbation Screens', Sept 9-11 2010.
- Yinyin and Roland present their work at the Cancer Bioinformatics Workshop at CRI, Sept 2-4.
- Together with Colin Campbell (U Bristol), Christina Leslie (MSKCC New York) and Jean-Philippe Vert (Institut Curie Paris), Florian co-organizes a Cancer Bioinformatics Workshop, 2-4 September 2010, at the CRI in Cambridge. Invited speakers were: Keith Baggerly (M.D. Anderson Cancer Center) Christina Curtis (CRI), Olivier Elemento (Cornell), Mark Girolami (University of Glasgow), Rachel Karchin (John Hopkins University), Sami Kaski (Helsinki University of Technology), Sach Mukherjee (University of Warwick), Sayan Mukherjee (Duke University), Peter Park (Harvard University), Dana Pe'er (Columbia University), John Quackenbush (Harvard University), Lodewyk Wessels (NKI). Talks are online at videolectures.net
- Florian attends CSHL/Wellcome meeting: Systems Biology: Networks, Aug 11-15, 2010 in Hinxton.
- Florian gives an invited talk at the Center for Cancer Computational Biology of the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA, 2010 July 13.
- Together with Chad Myers (University of Minnesota), Florian teaches a tutorial at ISMB 2010: How to understand the cell by breaking it - computational analysis of single and combinatorial gene perturbations, Boston, MA US, 2010 July 09
- Florian gives a lecture at the EMBO Practical Course 'High-throughput RNAi and data analysis' at EMBL, 2010 June 27 - July 02.
- Yinyin presents her work on copy-number dependent gene expression in cancer subtypes at the RECOMB 2010 satellite meeting on Computational Cancer Biology in Oslo, 24-25 June 2010.
- Florian speaks at Cambridge Comp Bio Institute annual symposium, May 2010
- Florian participates in ICR Symposium on Integrative Network Biology and Cancer, 14-15 May 2010.
- Florian participates in SAGE Bionetworks Congress in San Francisco, 2010 April 23-24. Sage is a new, non-profit medical research organization built on a commons approach.
- Together with Curtis Huttenhower (Harvard Biostats), Florian presents a tutorial on 'Statistical methods and software for genomic and clinical data analysis' and co-organizes an invited session on Statistical Systems Biology at the 24th New England Statistics Symposium at Harvard University in April 2010. Speakers in our invited session include: László Barabási (Northeastern Univ.), Manolis Kellis (MIT), Avi Ma'ayan (Mount Sinai School of Medicine)
- Florian gives a keynote at EPSRC Symposium Workshop on Learning and Inference in Computational Systems Biology (LICSB 2010) at University of Warwick, 2010 March 30-31.
- Florian is part of the scientific organising committee of the CRI Symposium 2010, March 19-20. He organizes a session on "Detecting genomic biomarkers from high-dimensional clinical data". The session chair will be Eric Schadt (Pacific Biosciences) and speakers will be Nicholas Dracopoli (Johnson & Johnson), Joe Lucas (Duke), Jill Mesirov (Broad Institute), and Rainer Spang (University of Regensburg).
- Invited speaker at the Radcliffe Institute for Advanced Study exploratory seminar on 'Computational Challenges in Cellular, Molecular, and Systems Biology' at Harvard University, 2010 Jan 22-23.
- Contributed talk at Workshop on Functional Genomics & Systems Biology, Sanger Centre, Hinxton, 2009 Nov 30 - Dec 02
- Invited research talk at GlaxoSmithKline, 2009 Nov 23
- Invited research talk at Cambridge Systems Biology Centre, 2009 Nov 19
- Invited research talk at Microsoft Research Cambridge
- Invited research talk at University of Leipzig, Germany, 2009 Oct 06
- Invited speaker at Byzantine Medical Manuals in Context, Department of History, RHU London, 2009 Sept 19
- Together with Chad Myers (University of Minnesota), Florian gave a tutorial at ISMB 2009: How to understand the cell by breaking it - computational analysis of single and combinatorial gene perturbations, Stockholm SE, 2009 June 08
- Contributed talk at EMBO conference Advances in stem cell research: stem cells, systems & synthetic biology, Cambridge UK, 2009 June 17
- Invited research talk at Hamilton Institute, Maynooth, Ireland, 2009 Jun 10
- Invited speaker at High-throughput approaches and bioinformatics in breast cancer research, National e-Science Institute, Edinburgh, 2009 May 20
- Invited speaker at ETH Zürich workshop 'Statistical advances in genome-scale data analysis, Ascona CH, 2009 Mar 06